Alpha 2 releasev0.7.0
Apr 12th, 2021: We're happy to announce the release of the second pachno alpha. Please keep in mind that Pachno is still unfinished, alpha software.
With Pachno we are building an open platform for collaboration for individuals and teams of all types, shapes and sizes.
Built with - and on - open source technologies, Pachno is a platform to empower creative individuals and bring teams together.
This alpha release is the next step in laying the foundation for this platform,
but we want your feedback and comments on what we've built so far and where to go moving forward.
Highlights in alpha 2 includes:
- The permission system rewrite has been completed, which greatly improves managing permissions across users, groups and teams
- The module subsystem has been enabled
- Support has been added back in for outgoing email
- Experimental code commit and discussions functionality
- Experimental support for importing projects, code, issues and comments from Github
- Added support for private projects
- Replaced deprecated PHPExcel with PHPSpreadsheet – PR #6 milkyway-git
Talk with us
Get itDownload alpha 2 from github
All Pachno code is hosted on github and is available free of charge under the MPL 2.0 license. To get started either spin up the included virtual image or install it on a web server.
(If you want to install it yourself you need php >= 7.3 and a mysql/mariadb or postgres database)
We've worked really to make sure this alpha release is usable, but this is alpha software. Do not install it on production servers.
When you encounter bugs or problems, please let us know in the forums. As soon as we're confident, an official issue tracker will be made available.
Here is a list of known issues:
- There is no support for upgrading from the previous alpha. If you have tried alpha 1, you will have to reinstall
- Some configuration sections are still disabled in this release.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of disabled features:
- Custom authentication backends
- Project releases
- Multi-server hosted installations
Upgrading from alpha 1
There is no support for upgrading from previous alpha or development releases.
Upgrading from The Bug Genie
If you're running The Bug Genie, you can run the including migration command to migrate your existing installation to the Pachno alpha. Take backups.
Keep in mind that there is no support for upgrading between alpha releases, so don't do this on your production installation.
Users of the hosted The Bug Genie instances on thebuggenie.com will be automatically upgraded and migrated to Pachno around the time of official release.
More information about the migration and upgrade schedule will be communicated to each administrator. If you have any questions, contact us.